You’ve worked hard to get where you’re at; getting your first job, climbing the ladder, only to be wrongfully terminated due to age, gender, race, or religion. At Kathy Brown Law, PLLC, we stand up for the employee and their rights in the workplace. If you were not paid timely, your appropriate salary, or overtime pay, we might be able to help.
Our Wrongfully Terminated Practice Areas Include:
According to federal law, it is illegal for employers to retaliate against their employees for whistleblowing. This is defined as an employee providing information to the government about their employer’s illegal actions, such as mismanaging funds.
This is defined as when an employer makes work conditions so difficult that employees are forced to quit. Federal law states that if conditions or treatment of employees are so severe that a reasonable person could not continue working in that particular environment, the employee can quit and seek damages for their lost wages.
Other Forms of Wrongful Termination:
- Being sexually harassed
- Being discriminated against or fired because of your race, age, sex, ethnicity, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation or disability
- Being fired while on pregnancy or medical leave
- Being retaliated against after filing a sexual harassment or discrimination complaint
- Not being compensated for overtime
- Not given lunch breaks or rest breaks